Sunday, April 20, 2014

What does the resurrection mean to Mark?

 The resurrection means everything. This is the glue that holds our faith and belief in Christ as the Messiah together.

1st Corinthians 15:12-15 tells us that our faith, our preaching, our beliefs, our hopes are useless if Jesus was not raised from the dead. If so, then we are still in sin. We are utterly lost and hopeless.

But Jesus has risen!

Friday came, but now it is Sunday.  

Through Jesus death on a cross and his resurrection from the dead, I can be justified (just-as-if-I-never-sinned) to God through Jesus. I could have never done this on my own. My sin had separated me from God, but with Jesus rising from the dead I now have new life in Jesus and able to be in right relationship with the Father.  “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).  Also, my old self was crucified and now I am no longer a slave to sin (Romans 6:6), but set free to live a life according to his calling.

Jesus was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that us peace was upon Jesus, and by his wounds we are healed (Isaiah 53:5).  

In dying Satan struck Jesus' heal, but Jesus came back to life and has crushed Satan’s head (Genesis 3:15).  Jesus defeated the Devil. We no longer have to live in fear or worry about the Satan and his schemes, but are freed and have abundant life in Jesus Christ. 

Thank you Jesus for dying and resurrecting for you and me.

What does the resurrection mean to you?


Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment